With a fleet of over 25 boats TYC operates a high quality junior sailing program on Narragansett Bay. Our mission is to develop sailors with the skills of Seamanship, Sportsmanship and Safety. TYC is located at a wonderful sailing location, with access to the Sakonnet River to the South, Mount Hope Bay to the North and a perfect sailing cove (Blue Bill Cove) to the West. The Cove is an ideal location for children to learn sailing in a safe and fun environment. TYC is located between Newport and Providence RI and provides convenient access to racing from Narragansett Bay to Cape Cod.
We provide Seamanship, Beginner, Intermediate, Racing and Adventure Sailing programs for sailors age 6-18. Our fleet consists of Club 420 sailing dinghies, Optimist dinghies, Hunter 140’s, Harpoon 4.6’s, Open Bic dinghies and our Flying Scot.
We encourage a fun appreciation for sailing, respect for the water and care for boats and equipment. Our instructors are certified by the United States Sailing Association and have first aid training.
To assure the highest quality instruction, we limit the number of students in each class.
2020 Updates to the Program
- Late pick ups from class will result in a $25 per day fee. This fee will be applied once 4:05 is on the clock.
- Tiller Tamers will not incorporate swim lessons.
- Lasers are being included in the Opti & Open Skiff Racing class
- Each class needs a parent leader to coordinate communication with our program director.
- Volunteers are needed. Please reach out and help out to avoid a program where additional fees ao cover lack of volunteerism.
- Online payments will include a processing fee.
- The Open Bic Boat was purchased by a new company and is now called the OPen Skiff class.
SAVE THE DATES
Work Parties; Volunteers needed to clean, build, fix at any and all levels:
SUNDAY, APRIL 19th
SATURDAY, MAY 16th
Parent Orientation - Monday, JUNE 8th
Start of program - Monday, JUNE 22nd
Sailing Fundraiser - Thursday, JULY 9th
TYC's Unregatta - Friday, JULY 24th
Last Day & Awards Night - Friday, AUGUST 14th
Registration for 2020 is almost full!
As of March 1st, 2020, registration is open to the public, including wait-list and non-members. It is first come first serve so don't delay.
PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE REGISTERING
IMPORTANT STEPS FOR REGISTERING
1) you must enter a member number, since we do not have member numbers, please put your cell phone #
2) register one child at a time - one class at a time - one payment at a time otherwise all the info only goes under one child.
3) you cannot get to the cart until you filled out all the required questions. If you cannot tell what you missed then hit the 'next step' button and it will tell you what is missing.
Note, if this link doesn't work then copy and paste the below link into your browser
Program Director ~ Meredith Collins firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Chairperson ~ Teresa O'Connor email@example.com
Check out more photos HERE
www.theclubspot.com is our registration and communication for the program.
https://nbya.org/juniors/ Narragansett Bay Yachting Association (NBYA)