With a fleet of over 25 boats TYC operates a high quality junior sailing program on Narragansett Bay. Our mission is to develop sailors with the skills of Seamanship, Sportsmanship and Safety. TYC is located at a wonderful sailing location, with access to the Sakonnet River to the South, Mount Hope Bay to the North and a perfect sailing cove (Blue Bill Cove) to the West. The Cove is an ideal location for children to learn sailing in a safe and fun environment. TYC is located between Newport and Providence RI and provides convenient access to racing from Narragansett Bay to Cape Cod.
We provide Seamanship, Beginner, Intermediate, Racing and Adventure Sailing programs for sailors age 5-18. Our fleet consists of Club 420 sailing dinghies, Optimist dinghies, Hunter 140’s, Harpoon 4.6’s, Open Bic dinghies and our Flying Scot.
We encourage a fun appreciation for sailing, respect for the water and care for boats and equipment. Our instructors are certified by the United States Sailing Association and have first aid training.
To assure the highest quality instruction, we limit the number of students in each class.
To enroll, please follow these steps:
- read the 2018 Sail Training Registration Info
- review the Class Descriptions and Schedule and Pricing
- mail payment and printed medical consent form to Tiverton Yacht Club Sailing Program, PO Box 54, Tiverton RI 02878
- read the Sailing Handbook
- complete class registration form on the TYC website:
- go to Sail Training Events, select class/event and then select the green register button
- non-members may register after March 1st (forms submitted by non-members prior to March 1st will not be considered)
The TYC junior sailing program is part of the Narragansett Bay Yachting Association.